Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Meaningful Mail"

So I received a post-card in the mail addressed to "Jennifer Fambito", and I had to chuckle..."Family" is the most important thing to me, and it is funny that when I read "Fambito", I quickly resorted to the copy-guy on Saturday Night Live and muttered to myself, "Fambito....Fambaroni...Fambarito...FAMBITO!"...and then I quickly realized that it resembled "family".  So feel free to call me "Jennifer Fambito" anytime so long as you are referring to me as family-oriented.  Upon closer look, however, I noticed that it was a post-card from the American Red Cross informing me that our donation to Haiti was received and acknowledged.  Little do those wonderful Red Cross members know that we also sent that additional $200.00 to our new friend Johanne's mother so that a newborn baby will have milk to drink.  So, we have contributed doubly to Haiti...now we pray that everyone can do the same and that God will just "double" the blessings on those affected by that horrible tragedy.  So much suffering goes on in this world, both locally and globally...if only every single able-minded person could realize that even the slightest bit of help can make a difference....this world would surely be a different and much better place.

So, here is a wonderful recipe that we enjoyed not too long ago, from the "Cooking With Paula Deen" magazine, July/August 2010 edition, titled "OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIP-CRUSTED CHICKEN"...needless to say, it was heavenly, and I only wish that I could have fed it to the people who really need it.  Perhaps someday I will have that opportunity.  Until then, we will continue to contribute locally to the hungry from the costs of our cooking, and hopefully make some sort of difference in that realm.

1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (5 oz.) bag thin and crispy potato chips, finely crushed
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Place a cooling rack over baking sheet; spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In a shallow dish, combine mustard and melted butter.  In a separate shallow dish, combine crushed potato chips, cheese, rosemary, and salt.

Brush chicken breasts with mustard mixture.  Dredge in potato chip mixture to coat.  Place on prepared cooling rack, and let stand for 20 minutes to set crust.

Bake for 35 to 50 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment