Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Pasta With Escarole"

When my husband said to me, after his first two bites, "Jenn, you are a MUCH better cook than you think you are!", I was so touched.  He said that he could eat this recipe every single day...it is "his type of meal".  Sophia was the one that picked this out as our dinner for tonight, and she also really enjoyed it.  However, after a few bites, she thought it was a bit too spicy (there is a single red jalapeno pepper involved).  Joe usually gets the hiccups the minute he ingests something spicy, and I am proud to say, "No hiccups for Joe, after two helpings!"  Therefore, I conclude that it is probably not the best dish for children due to the spice.  You could always make it without the jalapeno pepper, yet please be advised that there are also pine nuts in this dish for any allergy sufferers.

The flavors in this dish are amazing!  It is the perfect combination of salt and spice...not too much in either category, and yet, so flavorful!  It was a bit of a multi-tasking endeavor...a few things going on at the same time.  However, I did it and it was enjoyed!  If you try it, I hope that you enjoy it, too! 

Total contribution to our Jar now equals:  $65.60.  We will be doing our virtual shopping very soon at http://www.feedoc.org/.

God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment