Monday, February 15, 2010

Fabulous Friends!

When I bgan this blog, in the very first entry I discussed my mission which is to create awareness in my children for the blessings that we have been given.  I cannot describe in words the blessings that not only exist in our material world, but the blessings that exist in our hearts--namely, our relationships with our family and our friends. 

My husband Joe had to undergo shoulder surgery today.  My giving, generous Mom offered to come down here to the O.C. last night and spend the night, only to rise at 4:30 a.m. to take Joe to L.A. and drop him off for his procedure.  Since the children were both home for the holiday today, I planned on getting their breakfast fed and then putting them in the car to venture on to L.A. to pick up Daddy after his surgery was completed.  Meanwhile, my kindred-spirit girlfriend Jen, offered to bring our family dinner for tonight.  She knew that this day would be a tough one and offered to go out of her way to help us.  See??? Blessing!  Furthermore, I opened up our mailbox today and there was this package from my friend Heidi (the one I mentioned was here the day that we launched this project)!  In this package was a "Giada" cookbook!  I shrieked with delight as Giada is one of my favorites!  Yet another blessing slapping me in the face today! 

The other blessings?  The Valentine's Day cards that Sophia and Giovanni received from "Fancy Nancy" and her sister, the one and only "Auntie Bobs" -- two of our absolute favorite human beings!  Nancy included yet another inspirational and thoughtful message, and gave the children $10.00 EACH to contribute to our Donation Jar!  Nancy, you are a HUGE blessing in our life!  You have funded so much toward our contribution to the Food Bank already, and I know that God is smiling down on you for your generous heart!  And, Auntie Bobs, the way you always remember Sophia and Giovanni on the holidays is so precious and special to us.  BLESSINGS!!! Bam, bam, bam, just knocking us out!

Thank you, from the depths of my soul, to my thoughtful and generous friends!  You are proof that this project is worth every minute!

There was no recipe tonight, as my friend Jen took care of our dinner for us!  Thank you so much again!  We are so grateful! 

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."--Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment